So I had an itch the other day. An itch for some MAC that is. Does that happen to any of you girls? You want to hear what I do to rationalize purchasing some new makeup? Not sure if you do, but I’ll tell you anyway. So after a week or two of not buying any makeup, I’ll tell myself, “Elyse, you have behaved so well these last couple weeks (meaning I haven’t bought any makeup) and you have been doing so well in school and work, you deserve some nice new makeup.” So there you have it. Now you know what exactly goes on in my crazy makeup obsessed head.
Anyways….let’s get focused here so I can tell you all about the products I ended up bringing home.
(From left to right in the picture above)
1. MAC Prep + Prime in Light Boost: So at the recommendation from one of my favorites YouTube makeup gurus, Jaclyn Hill, I decided I needed this in my life to further expand my skills of highlighting and contouring. Since I am not a pro in that department yet, I have really enjoyed using this products under my eyes for a nice highlight and to help conceal dark circles. If you have some yellow undertones in your skin, this shade of highlight would complement you nicely. If you do not have yellow tones, they also have other shades that may match you better.
2. MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance in Radiant Pink: I was on the hunt for a new primer, and fell in love with this one. It leaves the most gorgeous dewy finish. I really like the formula also because it’s not the typical greasy formula like most primers.
3. Maleficent Beauty Powder: So I may or may not have been drawn to this product because it was Disney inspired (wink, wink) but this product exceeded my Disney expectations. It is just so gorgeous. It has the most beautiful shade, shimmer, glow…just all of the above. I have been using it everyday since I got it. I have been using it under my eyes to set my concealer and as a natural highlight above my cheekbones during the day. Super gorgeous product and highly recommend you check it out before it’s gone.
4. MAC Powder Blush in Melba: I was on the hunt for a new pretty blush for the Summer, and this is it. The perfect shade for when you have a pretty tan or not. Not too pink, not too coral. Just awesomeness.
5. MAC Lip Pencil in Whirl: I haven’t bought or used a lip pencil in forever! I wanted a pencil that would look natural but still stand out a little to give the illusion of a plumper pout. This color was right on the money. Dervish was also a pretty color if you want something just a tinge softer.
6. MAC Lipstick in Syrup: If I remember correctly, I think this was one of my very first MAC lipsticks I ever purchased. I remember loving it very much and then totally forgetting about. Not much has changed I in 12 years I guess. But this color has quickly become my favorite again and it is totally even more gorgeous paired with the lip pencil Whirl.
7. MAC Eyeshadow in Copperplate: I had no rhyme or reason for buying this shadow in the first place, but when I saw it I just fell in love. It is the most beautiful shade of soft grey. I know it will look gorgeous combined with a brown smokey eye to give it a little definition on the crease.
I have been loving all my new MAC products and feel I rewarded myself sufficiently for the next month! I will be cutting myself off to not have any temptations. I swear…well unless I get an A on my test next week…hehe!
Have a great rest of the week beauty girls and always thank you for reading!